WE need OUR Furever Home – premises to rent required
As of today, 15th March, we have no home and so we are looking for help from you please to find OUR Furever Home.
To enable us to keep helping dogs like Maximus and Chica and Rocky and Frazer we need to find new premises as soon as possible, however, we believe that rescue dogs deserve a certain standard of accommodation and treatment, so we are struggling to find just the right space for us ….
In order to sleep peacefully with a clear conscience, we would need new kennels that:
- Meet the revised DEFRA regulations (October 2018). While we know these are not required by law for a rescue, we feel those are the minimum acceptable standards of space, heat, warm, light and comfort. Although rescues may not be bound by the same legislation as commercial boarding kennels, we feel rescue dogs deserve the same minimum standards.
- Are secure and safe and weatherproof.
- Have space for daily interaction, exercise and behavioural work.
- Has an opportunity to repeat Maximus’ experience with a separate space that allows calm and relaxation for the dogs who need it (if at all possible although we recognise this might be just asking for too much – but we can dream!).
- Has space to create a ‘living room’ where dogs can spend time in a domestic environment having one to one attention and enrichment activity, if possible, again, not essential, but this could be as simple as a shed with a sofa where dogs could have one on one time and we could decorate to “be like a room” with laminate floor, curtains etc to create a “home” feeling.
We would love to rent a block of kennels long term from someone – maybe you operate a boarding kennels and have a block you don’t use that could generate a regular monthly income or perhaps you are a rescue and can’t afford to use all your kennels or maybe you have space to build a new block but haven’t bothered – can we rent space from you and offer a guaranteed monthly income with a minimum contract term?
WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO INVEST IN THE FACILITIES to bring them up to standard if necessary and we have funds available to do so. We are a UK Registered Charity and have been for over 5 years and we can demonstrate financial capability.
We would like to be located ideally between North Shropshire, South Cheshire and North Wales – but we are very much open to considering locations neighbouring.
The most important criteria is a decent standard of premises that allows the dogs a certain standard of care and well being.
If you know of any kennels with space that meets our criteria, please could you get in touch?
An email to firstname.lastname@example.org would be great!
We are very excited at how much we could achieve so would appreciate your support in helping us make our dream a reality.
Making a difference, one dog at a time.